UNGA CONFERENCE 2018
TRANSFORMING OUR WORLD: SDGS to ENSURE NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND
The Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF), in partnership with the Alliance for Shared Values (AfSV), is organizing the UNGA Conference 2018 “Transforming our World: SDGs to Ensure No One is Left Behind” on 25 September 2018, in the margins of the 73rd Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). The UNGA Conference 2018 will focus on the frameworks of the culture of peace, the pressing concerns related to migration and refugees, and the freedom of the press as the fundamentals of sustainable development.
Every year during the UNGA High-level meetings, the JWF gathers the relevant stakeholders on a platform aimed at fostering a discussion on the most pressing issues regarding sustainable development, in partnership with many civil society organizations and the private sector. By creating a broad alliance among the Heads of States, UNGA Delegates and civil society organizations, the UNGA Conference 2018 aims at generating alternative perspectives towards the implementation of the Global Agenda 2030.
“Dialogue and strengthening of multilateralism as a catalyst for the well-being of all persons and a sustainable planet” is the strategic vision of the 73rd Session of the UNGA under the leadership of Her Excellency María Fernanda Espinosa, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Human Mobility of the Republic of Ecuador.
Guided by the overall strategic vision of the 73rd Session, the OBJECTIVES of the UNGA CONFERENCE 2018 are:
- Raising awareness among the global society on the current themes and priority agenda items of the 73rd Session of the UNGA;
- Facilitating collaboration by creating a platform for the discussion of Public-Private Partnerships in the implementation of the Global Agenda 2030;
- Mobilizing the private sector and civil society organizations around the globe to build local and global networks and create diverse perspectives for sustainable development,
- Sharing best practices and lessons learned from the MDGs to work together for achieving the SDGs,
- Ensuring a higher level of accountability by encouraging participation of the civil society organizations in all phases of the development processes.