PIONEERS in SDGs: Call for Projects
On the occasion of the UNGA Conference 2019
Transforming Our World: Inclusive Social Development for All
The United Nations has recommended the Member States, the private sector, and the civil society to join their efforts to develop, implement, and evaluate inclusive social development policies for sustainable development. The participation of different stakeholders in the UNGA has a significant effect in achieving the sustainable development goals with higher levels of outcomes. Facilitating partnerships and sharing best-practices on the implementation of the SDGs is one of the expected outcomes of the UNGA Conference 2019. Therefore, we call on the civil society organizations to submit their best-practices which contributed to the implementation of any of the related SDG with tangible results in a particular location.
FORMAT of the PIONEERS in SDGs
– The PIONEERS in SDGs will be presented at the last session of the UNGA Conference 2019 “Transforming Our World: Inclusive Social Development for All”
– We kindly request the applicant to submit a 3 minutes presentation video (in English) explaining the project (the video clip may be parts from the initiative/project being implemented and/or participants sharing their insights about joining the initiative/project)
– The organizer of the project OR the representative of the organization will have 7 minutes to brief the audience on the description, goals and achievements of the initiative/project explaining which specific SDGs are the outcomes target.
– The conference will also have an initiative/project display area, where the organizers can present their projects (tri-fold cardboard display, fliers, brochures etc.)
– JWF will then present an award to the organizer/representative of the organization to recognize their commitment to the SDGs.
- 1st Place : 1,000 USD + Recognition Plaque
- 2nd Place : 750 USD + Recognition Plaque
- 3rd Place : 500 USD + Recognition Plaque
SUBMIT YOUR INITIATIVE/PROJECT
– Please fill out the questions below and send your 3 minutes video to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2019.
– The working language of the Conference is English. We kindly request the video in English along with the concept note of the initiative/project. (Please include English subtitles as well)
– You may visit https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org for more information on the 17 SDGs and 169 targets.